External thermal insulation (thermal facade) is defined as the system, in which thermal insulation is placed on the outer side of all vertical external elements in combination with external coating of successive layers of specialized materials. Expanded polystyrene, extruded polystyrene and stone wool can be used in the application of the thermal facade.
Benefits of external thermal insulation:
- Complete thermal insulation, without thermal bridges (vertical and horizontal) between the elements of the building.
- Protection against moisture.
- Utilization of the heat capacity of the building (ability of the building to maintain a constant temperature).
- Aesthetic upgrade/improvement.
- Immediate amortization of implementation costs due to the reduction of energy consumption.